Salary Range: $25K to $30K Annual
Legacy Reentry Foundation is a faith based not-for-profit organization that helps the formerly incarcerated reintegrate back into society by providing relevant resources. Legacy additionally provides community resources for individuals that have experienced significant life events and are in need of assistance. The Legacy Youth and Prevention Program serves at- risk youth ages 16 through 24. The LYAP Violence Prevention Reduction Program provides mentoring, comprehensive case management, life skills, employment readiness and workforce employment placement services. We also offer individual and group mentoring, educational and life skills workshops, computer training, job readiness and employment opportunities.
The LYAP Coordinator reports directly to the Program Director, supporting Youth and Adult Life Skill Coordinators.
- Engages with at-risk youth to gain trust, identify and intervene in conflict issues
- Engages with families and the community post violent events
- Act as a mediator in relation to gang activity
- Generates referrals for case management assessment
- Demonstrates ability to prepare for, evaluate and respond to emergency situations
Position Requirement / Qualifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma or G.E. D. and at least two years’ experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to resolve and mediate conflict
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Prior work experience in the area of youth prevention
- Possesses knowledge of contemporary influences on adolescents including gangs, sex, and pop culture, family stressors.
Seniority Level – Entry level
Industry – Not For Profit Organization
Employment Type – Full-time and Part-Time
Job Functions – Administrative